Thursday, August 5, 2010

Overdue Update

My what a crazy month July was! After the heatwave broke life just went zero to sixty.
I managed to get to ride a few times, the last time was a week or so ago. The humidity had finally broken and I borrowed my Mother-in-law's Tucker endurance type saddle. Gel seat, english leathers, etc.
I arrived at the barn to discover UK was missing a front shoe. His foot was in great shape so I wrapped his foot and rode anyways. Oooooh it was such a nice ride, despite all the distractions. It seemed to be Mother Nature's play date with us. First a young fox was bounding around, trying to get our attention. Then a doe and her twin fawns were playing in the field alongside the ring. Finally there was a rabbit that kept hopping in and out of the shadows. And with a grand finale, a pack of motorcycles flying by on the freshly stoned road!

And now for why things have been so crazy! I found out I'm pregnant, yay! At the moment I'm about 10 and a half weeks. Riding when it's not too hot really helps sooth the pregnancy symptoms.

Now that UK has new shoes I'm really looking forward to getting to ride again!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, the shoe thing is why I was so so so glad that only one of mine ever had need for shoes. All others were happily barefoot even while showing and running barrels.

    ReplyDelete