Wednesday, March 2, 2011

More snow, more rain, more ice and Smartpak!

So it's been a crazy month or so. The weather has been all over the place. The horses are going stir crazy and their stalls reflect that. Their small turnout area has gotten slightly bigger due to some meltage (not a real word I know). So it now is an ice flow. 

Haven't been able to ride or even lunge UK. So my mental state is not much better then the equines.
The one bright spot was getting my Smartpak Equine Supplement & Horse Care Guide for Winter 2011 on the third week of February. As usual it was interesting with great product reviews, but what I was really excited about was on page 52.
Look! It's UK! And a quote from me!!! 

So after making excited noises I brought the guide to the barn with me to show UK. I know it isn't much, but even just having a few sentences of mine published in something that went all over this country is pretty wicked for me. (Also my quote was the longest out of the 11 they picked.)
UK was very intrigued and took a moment from enjoying the 54 degree day to take a look. 

Then Dacharia had to see what all the fuss was about. 

The only thing somewhat different this week is both UK and Dacharia will be getting their feet done. I cannot wait till the ice thaws so we have some traction. So maybe I could lunge him and then, maybe, just maybe, get to ride him. 

I can dream, can't I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment