Friday, July 29, 2011

Freaky Friday

The view from UK: Jean on Candy.
Today dawned overcast and smelling like rain. Normally Fridays at the barn are fairly quiet, but today we had three barn girls. So I helped them feed and tried to keep them out of trouble.

Jean and I were planning on going on a trail ride with Stef for 10am. I decided to take UK, Jean took Candy (a very opinionated paint mare) and Stef was taking Jett (a QH gelding with a been there, done that attitude). We had a pretty good ride! UK and I went farther then we'd ever gone before. I think it was at least 5 miles round trip. Over bridges, through water and up (and down) rocky hills.

After we got back and put the horses away, I grabbed the barn girls and the golf cart. We had a mission to put the jumps back up in the back field, as it had just been mowed. I have to say that I felt 16 again driving the golf cart through the woods with three chattering tweens riding along.

After a through checking of the field for holes, we proceeded to set up the jumps. I then took on the monumental task of teaching the girls how to count strides. Needless to say, when I asked them how many 3ft steps to take for a 6 stride line and one of them answered "10" I wondered about the future generation.

The best part of the afternoon was when we were done with the jumps. Stef and Jean had walked up, and rode back with us. So six of us in the golf cart, laughing and trying not to fall out. The poor golf cart needed to be pushed up one hill, but we all arrived safely at the barn in the end. It was a lovely bit of happiness amid all the craziness that's been going on lately. (I refuse to discuss barn drama on my blog)

Tomorrow I plan on jumping UK, hopefully. We'll see!

My ankle needed a break, so I walked the last bit home. Torn ankles suck.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment