Monday, August 1, 2011

Wooo! Crossrails! Woo!

Ok, maybe that was a little bit sarcastic... hehe.

Yesterday, I tacked UK up and hacked him out to the back field, accompanied by Jean on Maggie. I wanted to see how UK would be to ride around such a large and open space. He tried turning around a couple times, but then gave in when I insisted that we keep moving forward.

Five jumps are scattered around the field, four of them crossrails and one small vertical. By small I mean only a foot high, baby jumps. Overall UK was pretty good, and jumped everything. After jumping the first few crossrails, he just started trotting over them and got a bit sloppy.

I learned one very important thing however, we need more bit if we're going to ride out in the field again! As he started to enjoy cantering around, he didn't want to slow down or brake to the trot and even got a bit mad when I asked him to halt. Yup, my three piece snaffle with the copper roller is great for flat work but not so great for getting an excited UK to pay attention. I plan on using my full cheek slow twist next time we go out to the field.

One of these days I'll have some taking pictures while I ride, UK is quite the hotshot these days. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment